A cookie is a small text file which asks permission to be placed on to your computer, smartphone or tablet via your web browser. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Cookies may be temporary; which are only in use while you visit a website and are subsequently deleted when you close your browser, or permanent; which stay on your device’s permanent storage after you leave a website until you delete them manually; or your browser deletes them after a period of time.
There are also third party cookies (used by web platforms such as Google Analytics) that use analytical and tracking cookies. MC Web Consulting uses this kind of cookie to collate information about the areas of the website that are visited most frequently and other data concerning visitor usage. This helps to analyse data about webpage traffic and improve the website in order to tailor it to customer needs. It does not track personal information nor does it use visitor information for targeted advertising.
Overall, cookies help to provide you with a better website by enabling MC Web Consulting to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives MC Web Consulting access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share.
MC Web Consulting is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
MC Web Consulting may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 8th October 2012.
What MC Web Consulting collects
MC Web Consulting may collect, store and use the following information:
- Information about your computer, your visits and use of this website including but not limited to your IP address, approximate geographical location, browser, operating system, referall source and length of visit.
- Contact information including but not limited to name, email address, telephone number, website address and any message you send to MC Web Consulting.
- Any other information that you intentionally send to MC Web Consulting.
What MC Web Consulting does with the information gathered
MC Web Consulting requires this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping
MC Web Consulting may use the information to improve products and services.
MC Web Consulting may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, MC Web Consulting may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. MC Web Consulting may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. MC Web Consulting may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
MC Web Consulting are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, MC Web Consulting has put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information MC Web Consulting collects online.
Links to other websites
The MC Web Consulting website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave the MC Web Consulting site, you should note that MC Web Consulting does not have any control over that other website. Therefore, MC Web Consulting cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to MC Web Consulting using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to MC Web Consulting at 32 Snitterfield Drive, Shirley, Solihull B90 4AZ or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MC Web Consulting will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless you give your permission or are required by law to do so. MC Web Consulting may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which you may find interesting if you tell MC Web Consulting that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which MC Web Consulting holds about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to MC Web Consulting, 32 Snitterfield Drive, Shirley, Solihull B90 4AZ.
- If you believe that any information MC Web Consulting is holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or email as soon as possible at the above address. MC Web Consulting will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.